Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!



Hugs and Kisses to all on this "Hallmark" holiday to show your love and affection to friends and family. We've been busy for the past week celebrating Valentine's. Claire and I attended a Mother-Daughter Tea Saturday with some of our friends. We made valentine's, decorated cookies and had lunch and tea. It was lots of fun. We've had parties at school for both kiddos, and all of us attended another party today at another friend's house. Landon is not really "into" the whole thing, although he has enjoyed handing out valentines. Claire, on the other hand, has found the whole thing much like Christmas, for she has received candy, gifts and cards. We hope you've enjoyed this day and get a little romance out of the one you love!


Other interesting tidbits:

*We were driving to pick Claire up from school and out of the blue Landon says "Hey babe", addressing me. After my confusion, I laughed so hard I about had to pull over.

*Claire received a tutu from Gram for valentines. She has played with it a lot, and today, as we're getting dressed for dance: "I finally get to wear this for what it's made for...dancing" (very dramatic).

*I was changing Landon's diaper and as I pulled him up he looks me in the eye and says "Hang out with me, mama", and gets a toy and brings it over to me. Where is he getting these things!?!?!

And lastly...

Mommy and Daddy gave Claire the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus CD for valentines. If you could hear her singing "I might even be a rock star" right now, it would cause joy to swell up in your heart. Even better Landon is singing back up, and I might need to get concerned that he's learning the words to these songs...might explain the above quotes.

2 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

Video the kids singing!!! How cute! Thank you for the V-day card...understand why we didn't send one your way...I just bought Lucy's for school tomorrow, tonight. Moving starts tomorrow!! Love you guys!

Serena Shurtz said...

we love love love the tutu claire!!!
hugs to landon and claire bear!!

shurtzs'