Friday, May 22, 2009

My Beautiful Butterfly


My butterfly, the lightening bug song and the girls sing about "being ladylike but tough".

The emotional moments for a Mommy are continuous...one minute you are sharing laughs while the next you're giving a lecture. Watching them grow is the hardest part, and yesterday I had to watch my baby girl grow into an almost-first-grader, right before my eyes! I think technically they called this KG graduation, although there were no caps or gowns. But there was plenty of pomp and circumstance during their "Bugz" program. The premise was learning to be kind to others and sharing your wealth, whatever that may be. My daughter led the butterflies out on the stage when it was their part. While the children sung of "changes come like the wind" I sat teary-eyed watching my beautiful butterfly flap her wings...just like she was flying into "big kid land". After the program we went to the classroom for sight word awards. Claire received a medal for learning all 300 of the sight words, which she thought was very cool. The teacher made a little speech about how all of her class had spread their wings to embrace one another, to help each other out when things were bad and to just be sweet and kind to everyone they saw. I think she was sincere when she told the parents she was truly going to miss this class; she was a little teary-eyed too!

In other news: Claire's school had a pet parade this morning...over 200 dogs, cats, rabbits, sheep, snakes and even a mouse appeared to be paraded around in front of the children. Chaos doesn't even hardly describe!!! Maddie was paraded around with the others; Mommy even bought cute pink bows that she actually kept in the whole time! It was too crazy to get a picture!

Landon and I have been working in the yard the last few days. The sun finally decided to show it's face and we've been seeing alot of it! Landon was busy hauling sand to the "Maddie holes" and watering the plants. He also found it highly amusing to get Mommy wet..."Mommy, (hehehe) I'm watering your bum!!!"

2 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

Thank you for mentioning the pet parade..made my teary eyes stop so I could laugh. Did you take Maddie??

Tell Landon that Lucy just likes for me to spray her, but yesterday I somehow mangaged to spray myself and walked in drenched!!

Serena Shurtz said...

Stop talking about them growing!!!!!! they r babies gosh darn it.
question...was the mouse on a leash???