Friday, August 5, 2011

The Ruby Red Slippers Reappear

Our family are officially Kansans again! I say this statement with joy, relief, sadness and a bit of excitement. Joy because this process has been a long and tiring one. One that was prayed for and then prayed over more often than I could imagine. I feel joy because we are closer to our extended family and that somehow makes me feel safer. Relief, because although I've already vowed not to blog about the endless days of house showings, moving details and just plain anxiety, I am absolutely relieved it is over. It was exhausting and stressful. Sadness is felt in bits and pieces by all of us. We carved a niche for ourselves in Bentonville. I feel guilty saying that we extended our family there, but we did. The kids and I regularly reminisce, and this often turns into tears for what is being missed. But this leads to the excitement of what's to come. New friends, new balls teams and dance groups, new schools and church. And although it's scary, even when you're "home", we all have the excitement of starting something fresh and new. And like I told the kids just this morning..."we are starting over together, and you can't ask for anything better than that".

No comments: