Friday, October 12, 2012

At It Again...

So I'm making blogging a priority again.  Plus it's pouring rain, I need to get out and run errands, and I have a house to clean...so of course I should do this first!  hahaha  Anyway, here are a few updates.  I've been horrible about taking pictures lately, but at least a few good stories will keep me going.

*  Claire has started taking piano lessons.  Landon has been taking now for several months, and is getting good at actually playing some very short songs.  He was really enjoying it until Claire took her first lesson and played a song WAY longer than any of his...her first day.  See where this is going?  He's still hanging in there, mostly because Mommy keeps telling him he has to learn the theory part whether he plays piano now or drums next year; which is his goal.

*  We have enjoyed hosting friends for dinner most weekends for the last month.  Unless family is here to visit (see next blog).  Re-acquainting ourselves has been a fun experience.

*  I am practically living at the kids school right now.  Between PTO and field trips, it's non-stop!  I really enjoy being around the children and helping out where I can.  This school is different from our other Bentonville school, with more working moms and only half the size.  My children like it a lot and seem to have adjusted easily.

*  Football is coming to a close with only 3 games left.  Landon has improved this year, and says he's ready for helmet and pads next year.  YIKES!  Landon has also improved at school...he is reading at the top of his class and is disappointed daily that they haven't started subtraction facts in his classroom yet!

*  Claire is dancing three days a week, and still loves every minute.  She has very little homework this year, which has made the dance schedule a lot easier.  She still has to read every day, and now practice piano, but she seems to get that all accomplished.


No comments: