Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Double Digits



How did my little curly-cued blonde, with the pretty blue eyes and sassy mouth become 10?  Every mom says "It just doesn't seem possible", or "It feels like just yesterday she was a baby".  It seems to me that it has been 10 years...a very full and busy 10 years!  Not only has this girl moved between KS and AR twice, she's made lasting friendships in both states.  She's also become a beautiful dancer, stayed a straight A student, and mastered the art of animal lover.  All in her short 10 years.  She still enjoys playing with her American Girl dolls, and can craft even her Momma under the table!  Her kind and empathic heart has faired her well, although she's learning that sometimes those traits can break her heart.  It's been a pleasure to watch her grow and mature into the young lady that she has become.  And although this Momma gets small glimpses into the future of what the teenage years may look like, I don't dwell there.  Because living in the present and soaking up the memories right now with my 10 year old are what is most important.  And my 10 year old will be the first to remind me of that!

No comments: