Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're Going to the Fair!




I took the kiddos to the county fair yesterday after school. Although it was cloudy and dreary, we did not get rained on, and therefore it was loads of fun! The biggest expectation: the petting zoo! The kids enjoyed it, just like last year. They had tiny chicks, goats, a calf and a piglet for feeling and loving. We looked at a few vendors, saw some more wildlife and checked out the tractors. We also walked through the livestock barn, watched some 4-Hers clean up their cows to show, and then headed for the rides and games. We stopped only long enough to eat some cotton candy between rides. Both Claire and Landon were quiet the whole ride home, just trying to stay awake and fight off the sugar buzz, I'm sure!
Other tidbits:
*Claire usually talks for a little while right after school about what she did that day. Generally these stories start coming full force when I'm trying to get her to do her homework. Yesterday, I had to get a little stern with her so she would finish writing her numbers (she kept telling me things and would have to start over every time). Claire looked at me and said "Mom, I can't help it I can't talk and write at the same time, you know how it is!". I must have the same problem!
*Landon had Gymboree and then a playdate yesterday afterwards at Chickfila with some of his classmates. He is so funny to watch...after the boys were done eating, he gathered up his buddies, an arm around each and says "Let's go play, boys!". Then as we were leaving to go try out a different class at Gymboree, Landon tells me in the car "I'm going to go try out this sports class...lets do it, mom!" (arm movement included).

No comments: