Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The end of the rainbow


Yesterday was a long and hectic day. Between two kiddos feeling bad, trying to get those kiddos to take medicine, a new puppy, and cleaning...I was pretty much done after dinner. Geoff called to tell me he was finally on his way home and to look out the window at the perfect rainbow. Then our neighbor Beth called to tell us the same thing! So I took the kiddos out, who ohhed and ahhed over the rainbow's "perfectness and colorfullness" (Claire). It really was perfect, you could see end to end, and then another rainbow appeared above it, which you could see end to end. I think this is the first rainbow Landon has actually seen. We've looked at a few, but I was never sure he actually saw what we were seeing. He stood there with his mouth open for a little bit and then said "Mommy, there are colors in the sky, it's beautiful!" They say you can find gold at the end of the rainbow, but I'm not looking, because my gold was right there with me looking at the sky.

2 comments:

I'm just sayin' said...

Great post and awesome picture! Here's to hoping everyone feels better real soon!!!

The Hooper Family said...

Lucy loves that she saw the same rainbows as her cousins!! We were looking east at it, were ya'll looking west? So cool!