Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Parties




Saturday night, Geoff and I attended an "80's House Party" for Halloween here in the neighborhood. We were supposed to dress up as something from the 1980's. This was a long, often interesting, discussion. We wanted to do something with our neighbors, the Symon's, but also had some good single ideas too. Finally it came down to Micheal Jackson's Thriller. As I know the majority of you reading this blog were either raising children in the eighties, or a child of the eighties, I will not go into detail about what Thriller is...it's a song about creepy zombie's that was really the first "music video" most people recognize. So, Scott, Beth and Geoff all dressed as zombie's, painted up their faces and ripped up their clothes. I then became Micheal Jackson. The picture is self-explanatory! I guess since I had the background in dance, I was the natural pick to fling myself onto my toes and do the moonwalk (among other things). I choreographed a little 20 second spot for all of us to do with all the well known moves from the video and we did our little production when we arrived at the party...and again later for the guests who hadn't seen it. It was a total blast and will not soon be forgotten!

Sunday afternoon our family attended our neighborhood fall fest. There was a costume parade, bounce houses, cake walk, face painting, pony rides, hayrack rides, story telling and much more. The kids had fun, but being late in the afternoon, it started to get a little chilly and we left early for home (as most of our friends did with young children). It was fun for adults too...although some of us were dragging from the party the night before. Thus, why I do not have pictures of this event with the exception of painted faces before baths!

2 comments:

Serena Shurtz said...

i must say that i am a little disappointed that there is not a posted video of the dance.:( maybe next post????

you guys looked awesome!!

I'm just sayin' said...

Oh My GOODNESS! I am laughing my butt off! That is the funniest thing I have seen in a while! Genius idea! You cannot mention a 20 sec. dance portion and not show us!!!!

How much fun!!!!!