Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Growing Pains

Last night Landon awoke about 11:30, screaming and crying. I am fearing the worse...stomach bug. However, this evening was not like the others. He was not throwing up, running a fever or coughing. He was consistently itching his leg and knee. When he finally calmed down enough to talk he told me his knee hurt. We rubbed some lotion on it; I thought maybe it was dry and that's why he was itchy. But he continued to cry for another 3o minutes! I checked everything: He could move it, bend it, touch it and it wasn't bruised or anything. Finally he asked for "the pills that make me feel better" (Tylenol Meltaways) and that seemed to cure the problem. An hour and a half later he was finally sleeping peacefully. I can only assume it was growing pains, because he's running around like a wild person today and hasn't mentioned his leg or knee once!

Later last night (yes the same night), Claire woke up sobbing and found me in Landon's room. She curled up next to me and told me this terribly vibrant and real dream about robots and evil men chasing them and how she couldn't get away. This is happening every so often, and has become more of an issue since school started back up after our ice storm break. She has seen bits and pieces of the movie "Transformers" (I know, I'm such a great mom), but besides that I can't for the life of me figure out where this is coming from. The dreams are consistent and she is often crying and shaking when she wakes, so I know it's real. Another growing pain that this Mommy is just not ready for!!!
PS: As I'm writing this, Claire is watching High School Musical 3 and bawling! Gabriella went away and things are sad and she can hardly stand it! This happens alot too...I think I have a sensitive soul on my hands, or a drama queen!

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

I vote for drama queen....since I'll probably have 2 of my own!