Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Getting in the Groove...

We've started the second week of school and things are going well. We've started carpooling again, setting up playdates and doing homework. Claire informed me (and Gram) last night that "she loves 1st grade and is going to be in that grade forever!" I think that is a good sign. Landon is actually enjoying his "me" time with Mommy, much to my surprise! I really thought he would miss Claire as a playmate; of course I've kept him busy since school started, so maybe he hasn't had time to miss her! He'll start preschool in Sept., which will be a whole new round of tears. Pretty sure these will be his, not mine (at least that's what I'm telling myself!). Hoping that it will go smoothly. I do have to brag a little: The girl with Claire in the fashion show is her good friend, Rachel, whom she dances with. This is the girl that is doing a duet with Claire this year. They are almost done learning it, and it's SO cute! They will start competing against other kiddos their age in February. What fun to watch my daughter enjoy something that was such a huge part of her Mommy's life!

No comments: