Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Preschool



Landon had his first official day of preschool today! After we took Sissy to school, we got dressed, brushed teeth, washed up from some messy syrup at breakfast and combed hair. He actually let me use a little water to comb his hair...I asked for gel, but got "the look" in response to that! We took a few pictures before we left. He actually let me do that too! He smiled and posed; very proud of his bookbag that he decorated all by himself (he also wrote his name on it by himself, Mommy was proud of that!). Off we went...and I have to say I was quite apprehensive about this experience. Landon is known to cry and throw a fit when having to leave his Mommy in any place other than his own home. I was not looking forward to this as we walked into his new classroom. But low and behold, he walked in, put his bookbag in his cubby and immediately started talking to his teacher about all sorts of things! She took him gingerly to the playdoh table along with several other classmates. Landon sat down and started playing! I said "Let me take your picture!" He turned around and smiled and immediately after I snapped it he said "Bye Mom, see you soon!". WHAT ??!!?! No tears? No hugging on for dear life? I didn't know how to react! So I gave him a kiss. "Kissing hand Momma", as he held out his hand. Oh darn, here it goes! I kissed it, and he turned right back around and resumed playing. Okay then, I thought, I'm outta here! But I walked slowly out, thinking I'd hear his screaming...but nothing. Walked down the hall, visited with the director...nothing. Walked out into the parking lot...nothing. What a wonderful feeling to know that, even if for one day, my son was excited to go, and stay, at preschool!

2 comments:

Serena Shurtz said...

awwww. such a sweet handsome boy. glad he had a great time.

so now what is mommy doing while landon is in school and she is kidless???

Unknown said...

I can't beleive how grown up Landon looks, I had to do a double take when I saw his picture. No tears from Landon but what about mom?

Kiss thoses big kiddos for me.
Love Gram