Monday, March 15, 2010

Dancers...Beware!

Ok, I grew up dancing. That's what I did. I danced, I taught dance, and now I'm watching my daughter dance. But, what's different now is... it's EXHAUSTING! I don't know how my mother did it! The costumes, make up, attitudes, awards...this is a world I know, yet am learning to appreciate in a whole different way. Claire's final regional competition was this last weekend. She did her duet Saturday morning. The girls earned a Platinum medal with points and 2nd in their age division. Sunday afternoon was the Bugs dance, which earned a Platinum medal and 1st in the age division. It was also 2nd overall in Junior Lines. Their company production number got a Platinum, 1st in age and also earned the coveted Entertainment Award from the Judges. It was 4th overall in Production. Another winning weekend for the group! I took zero pictures...what a bad Mommy I am! We have a break from dancing until recital now, much to Landon's sadness (this is sarcasm!).

No comments: