Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools and Landon-isms

So this morning after the kids were up and eating breakfast, I started freaking out about a huge skunk in our backyard that was chasing Maddie-dog. They jumped up and ran to the windows trying to get a closer look. "April Fools!", I said. Claire laughed and went back to eating. Landon, on the other hand, decided it was his turn. "Mommy, your couch is gone. April Fools! Mommy, your table is gone. April Fools! Mommy, my arms are gone (appropriately put in his shirt). April Fools!" This has gone on all morning. His preschool teacher will make her money today if he keeps this up!
Other funnies:
-Landon and I were having a tickle fight the other day and I got his neck just below his hairline. He got very serious and said "Mommy, that spot is not eligible".
-Landon's preschool class is talking about Easter. Yesterday on the way home, he was asking Mommy lots of hard questions: "What does Heaven look like?", "How come they nailed Jesus to the cross?", "How did Jesus get to Heaven?". Trying to explain this type of thing to a 4-year-old, albeit a bright one, is distressing to a Mommy. My concerns were in vain, because after a lengthy discussion about all this he stated "My Heaven will be our house with your iphone in it, Mommy. Wait, I'll have my own iphone there (Heaven)".

No comments: