Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some days...

Some days I just don't have the motivation to be productive. And I don't mean just cleaning or running errands...I mean in the mom, wife and person departments also. I was having one of those days today. Just wasn't feeling myself, and regretfully, my children started to notice. I guess usually I'm readily available to play Legos, or watch the newest dance moves, or blow bubbles for the dog (this is Maddie's new favorite pastime). And although my kiddos are very good at playing by themselves, or finding things to do with each other when Mommy is busy, they are not adept to doing this when Mommy's just watching TV. Finally, after Claire was done with her silent reading log, and Landon had bored himself silly with Tranformers, both kiddos climbed up next to me on the couch. (Mind you, this was merely 15 minutes of time.) I had one in my lap, the other's head on my shoulder and both sweet baby hand's in mine. I got teary-eyed; although they didn't notice. What a precious moment to spend, even in my rotten state of mind, with the two most important beings in the world. Silently we sat, me holding back tears, and them watching TV. Finally, the stillness was broken by Landon, who gave me an inquisitive look from under those dark, long eyelashes. He stated, "Mom, I thought you hated Spongebob!" Yes, that's what I had been watching, although I really wasn't watching it. I flipped the TV off as fast as I could, shook off the blahs, and played hard the rest of the afternoon with my children, whom I love with every inch of my heart and to the very depths of my soul. This flatlined day became extraordinary just that quickly!!! I am thankful for those two little blessings!

No comments: