Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful

It is almost Thanksgiving...
but the Christmas decorations are already out in stores,
and the The Big Toy Book's pages are already marked by hopeful kiddos,
Christmas music is on the radio,
and we are anxiously making the list of things to buy and do before that fateful day.

But what about Thanksgiving? This out of the mouth of my almost 5-year-old. Why don't we celebrate Thanksgiving like Halloween or Christmas? Why don't we make crafts and talk about it alot? I didn't have an all-knowing answer for him; which he was expecting, by the way. But he cut me off before I could get the first word out of my mouth. "Mommy? I'm thankful for you and Daddy and Claire and our house and food." Thank goodness someone remembers what holiday comes first...and why we should celebrate it!

No comments: