Monday, December 20, 2010

The Saga of our Little Man

Reaction to a green ipod for his birthday.


Landon turned 5. The baby boy, who endured surgery after being in this world for only one month. The toddler who outran his big sister before he could say a complete sentence. The little boy who captured his preschool teacher's heart, just by looking at her and saying "Please". The little man who plays Legos with his Daddy, sings to the new ipod with his sister, and has his Mommy wrapped around his little finger...turned 5. The sippy cup is officially gone. He is now old enough to attend Kindergarten. And now Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is for "babies". A little message to this baby...I mean, boy, that continues to keep growing, even when his Mommy tells him not too:
Your smile lights up every inch of my heart, and then melts it til there is nothing left. I adore the fact that you still tell me "I love you, Mommy", out of the blue, and give hugs at any time you choose. I relish each of these, and want to hold on to that a little longer. Because you are growing into a boy. A boy who believes in God, who wants to learn everything about how things "go", who has a temper that sometimes gets the best of him, and who loves his family and friends unconditionally. You are my little man, and I love you to infinity and beyond, plus one. (inside joke)

No comments: