Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowpocolypse!

The snow drifted up over our plants in the landscaping.
The view from our front door. There is a road out there somewhere. Oh yeah, it snowed Tuesday but I took this pic on Friday evening!
Artists at work on Tuesday during the blizzard.

Snowpocolypse! This is the word Southerners use for more than 6 inches of snow...that won't go away! It started Monday night, and all day Tuesday. It was a blizzard: The snow was coming down sideways along with some sleet, and it was bitterly cold. Negative digits wind chill. The snow ended Tuesday but it stayed cold the next two days. So cold, in fact, that my children had no desire to go out and play in the snow. Friday morning woke to more snow. The forecast started as a dusting, but we ended up with 3 more inches of this white stuff that won't go away. It was warmer Friday...we hit 27 degrees...but still the snow stuck! We are to have sun and 32 degrees today, but 24 hours from now more ice and snow is forecasted to move in. Then more heavy snow Wednesday!!!! HELP!!!!! Let me tell you why I NEED HELP!!!!

1) We have been out of school since Tuesday. We have great neighborhood friends that have kept us busy, but even that is getting boring!
2) The roads are terrible and we can't get out easily. This is only understood by people who live here and not by the rest of you all who have plows and salt trucks to clear your roads and get your lives back to normal!
3) The threat of more winter weather before the roads can melt means more missed school! Like I said, we've had some fun. But Bentonville does not have snow days in their schedule. So as of right now we are going to school the first two weeks of June. We may go all of June if it keeps snowing!
4) I have to go to Walmart and the shelves are bare! Everything has shut down here, including the Walmart Distribution Center. Which means even though I need some groceries, there's a good possibility there will be none when I get there. And since Walmart is the only place to get groceries around here...well, you see my predicament!

OK, I've said my peace. Meanwhile, Claire had a friend stay over last night and they had blast. So did this Momma! Landon stayed up late and cuddled with me in my bed. Maybe some snow play today since the weather is going to be warmer. And praying for no more snow so our lives can resume!

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

I went to Walmart yesterday only to find LOTS of shelves empty too! Lots of signs that said stuff about the weather and shipments being delayed! Another reason to dislike all this crazy snow!