Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summertime! Part 3

Playing in the park
In the shovel of Big Brutus, a mining relic in KS.

With Geoff gone, and a national dance competition in Dallas coming up, Landon needed a plan. So last Wednesday morning we met Gram and Poppy in West Mineral, KS to see Big Brutus and make the hand off so he wouldn't have to watch any more dancing! The kids had fun exploring, even though Landon was recovering from not feeling well the day before. We also had lunch, celebrated Poppy's birthday and played in a beautiful, shady park. I was sad to leave my little man for the first time for more than a day (other than when he was too little to notice) and even Claire was sad the closer we got to Bentonville after leaving him. Landon seemed only concerned once when I talked to him during his stay. I think he was kept busy swimming, fishing and playing with his cousin Thurston. When Daddy arrived in Wichita Friday, him and Landon were reunited and had some more fun with Lucy and Laney and on Papa's lake before coming home.

Landon told me this morning he enjoyed have "alone time" with everyone in KS. "I can share with Claire sometimes, but this time I didn't have to and I liked it. Even my cousins liked it! And nobody had to worry about what Claire was doing."

No comments: