Friday, January 23, 2009

The bug returns...

Our family has had the stomach bug this week. Claire had gotten sick Sunday in the middle of the night. But by Monday noon she was back to herself and even begging for Wendy's for lunch. I passed it off as too much of Daddy's yummy steak Sunday evening and went about my business. Tuesday, Landon acted funny, but I thought he was just tired. We didn't go to dance that evening because I felt like Claire probably needed to rest after being sick and I really was just not in the mood to spend the evening there. Thank goodness, because Landon got sick that evening, and all night. Poor guy, he was miserable...but he was a fighter! Wednesday morning, as I was getting up to get Claire ready for school, I got sick. Geoff woke to me being sick and Claire wondering how she'd make it to school. Luckily, we carpool and that wonderful mom picked up the slack. Geoff came home Wednesday night from work feeling bad. Now, I never know how to take him with the "sicky" thing. He predicts these things upon himself and I think sometimes if he'd just move on he wouldn't get sick. But he was just SURE he had it too. I sent him to bed...I figured if he did have it, he'd need the rest and if he didn't, then I wouldn't be peeved at him (I know, I'm such a compassionate wife!). Well, needless to say he had it too. By Thursday afternoon, all but Geoff were in working order, so I took the kiddos to a playdate, a Walmart run and then McDonalds with a playplace to work off some of their cooped-up energy. Geoff got up this morning feeling better and went to work. Now it's my turn to get some rest!

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

so sorry u guys went trough that. been there done that and feel your pain. it is horrible when every single person is sick and you feel like it will never end!!!
glad everyone is better!!