Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow Day


I got up this morning, turned on the news and started getting ready for the day. It is my turn to take the girls to school, so I get ready before I get anyone else up. As I'm getting ready to turn off the TV and awake Claire, they announce that school has been cancelled. I do a double take, change the channel to find out for sure, check the website to find out for sure, and call the mom I carpool with to find out for sure. Yep, it's official, we are having a snow day. But wait! There is barely a dusting of snow on the ground! Everyone I've talked to this morning, and there has been a lot, is a little confused as to why we are having a snow day, and why they waited until 6:50am to decide it! (One mom said "You're not in Kansas anymore!") Anyway, we are making the most of it. We obviously didn't get to sleep in, which is usually a perk to snow days, so we've been busy already. The kids crawled in Claire's bed with a bunch of stuffed animals and watched some cartoons they don't usually get to see, then we made hot chocolate and some cookies. Then we made some bird feeders out of bread, peanut butter and bird feed. Now it's time to just relax a little bit before we head to Mommy's bible study and then for a play date at the library this PM. The other bummer of the day...no snow to play in (note the outside pic)! Although it's bitterly cold outside and we probably wouldn't have done much of that regardless. Hope your day has been as interesting as ours!

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

No Fair! We got more snow than you did and I'm still at school today!!! I'm jealous!