Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No Foolin', It's LOVE!

I try to blog most of the firsts for my babies. So this is no exception. Claire received her first "love note" from a boy at school today. Now mind you, this boy, Jacob, and Claire have been best friends since the first day. But somehow that friendship has blossomed into more. (Jackson and Jason, hold on to your socks!) I wish I knew how to scan in a picture of it, but I'll do my best to describe it.
It's a piece of typing paper folded in half. On the front, inside a big heart it says "Dear Claire". On the inside it says "I will love you forever, Love, Jacob". There is a picture of two people with a C on one and J on the other with 6 hearts between them. On the back it says "Did you like it if so then check the box" with a box below the words. How cute it that?!?!? Although Daddy was not convinced, because the box was checked!!!

Landon heard Claire tell me this morning: "Mom, I don't love you...April Fools!". So he started saying it all day. I'd hear a voice "Mommy?". "What?", I'd say. "I don't love you, but April Fools!", and then intense giggling. Every time, however, he would run up and hug me and later he said "I really do love you, is April Fools almost over?". So sweet!

2 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

That's the best story I've heard all day :)

Just take a picture of the note to put on here...no need to scan.

Serena Shurtz said...

so i had jackson sit next to me and i broke the news. this was the convo
s -"someone wrote claire a love note."
j - "what? he can't do that. she's my girlfriend. i kissed her!!"
s- "what do u think?"
j - "i'll have to handle this when i see her at great wolf lodge"

how he handles it??? we shall see