Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas is in the Air


At the end of last week, Geoff decided it was time to put up Christmas lights. No, he did not do this by himself...he had the guys who did our roof last year do all of them this year, plus a wreath! It looks beautiful, even if it isn't Thanksgiving yet. Anyway, this put everyone in the mood and instead of listening to my children ask me for the up-teenth time "When are we putting up the Christmas tree?", we decided to make that our weekend project. I had to buy a new tree for the downstairs; our tree from before had made too many trips in and out of storage. This was a project all it's own...however, it turned out lovely. That is the tree the kids are helping me decorate in the picture. And I have to admit, even after the life-changing events that have happened over the course of the last couple weeks, I am still anal about this tree being perfect. I'd like to think that generally I'm not an uptight mom...but when it comes to the "pretty" tree, I can't help it!!! Everything is almost done now. We still have to put the tree upstairs, and the trees in the kid's rooms aren't done (they've been told the room must be clean before a tree can go up!), but generally Christmas is in the air at the Daniel house! And it's a wonderful feeling!

No comments: