Tuesday, November 10, 2009

That Fateful Day...

Monday came and went, and Tuesday seemed to be starting as Monday had...with pain, but not enough to keep things from happening. Geoff had been up most of the night before, not with knee pain but with what he thought was indigestion. Finally Tuesday afternoon he called me to take him to the ER. The pain was bad enough he couldn't take a breath and he was all clammy and pale. When you walk into an ER and say "my husband is having chest pain" there is no signing paperwork or being asked to have a seat. The nurse was out in the waiting room putting Geoff in a wheelchair before I turned around from talking to the intake person. I had to leave him to get Landon and let me say, I don't remember much about that 25 minutes in my life. I just kept thinking "please let it be gas, please let it be gas". Unfortunately, I had overheard the triage nurse mention blood clot in the lung and therefore knew my wishing was in vain. And although I will not go into the details of that day, it's safe to say we are lucky to have Geoff here with us. He stayed in the hospital until Friday evening, when they suddenly decided it was time for him to go home. No complaints from anyone...and he came home to relieved family and friends!

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

I just can't imagine meggan, the fear that u went through, waiting.

so glad bubba is on the mend.

love you