Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Parade



Saturday morning we woke up, made monkey bread, and then put lots of clothes on to go watch Claire be in the Bentonville Christmas parade with her fellow dancers. Friday evening, Claire and I went to the dance studio for a party where she exchanged gifts with teachers and helped decorate the float. The float theme was "Let It Snow" and so it was covered in snowflakes and the girls were all supposed to wear white. A lovely picture, but hard to do in the winter!!! No white pants to be found meant layers under the one pair of white leggings I could find. Claire was frozen solid by the end of the morning, but had a good time waving and singing. Landon enjoyed watching most of the parade too, although as you can see, he was also frozen! Today we wrote letters to Santa and included the wish lists. I make them chose 4 things they REALLY want with the preface that they won't get it all...I know, harsh. But gratitude is the name of the game in this house right now, and this is one more way to teach that lesson!!! (Will they get everything on their list? Absolutely, because nothing was outrageous this year!)

2 comments:

I'm just sayin' said...

I love all of your Christmas ideas and traditions! You are giving me all kinds of ideas :) You are an amazing mother! Hope you guys are enjoying the season!

Serena Shurtz said...

i always loved walking in the parades with my brownie troop. sooo fun