Friday, December 11, 2009

Landon's 4th Birthday

Landon turned 4 on Wednesday. Yes, 4!!!! Hard to imagine. I will do a sappy, mothers-love blog soon, but right now I have been told by my 4-year-old to "put those party pictures on the blog so everyone can see how much fun it was!" (That is no joke; exact words!)
Landon on his bike. Are you surprised he's naked? You shouldn't be!!!! Tasting his cookie at school; it had a monster truck on it!
The whole gang at JumpZone!
Blowing out the candles on the Transformers cake!
Best buddies sharing some cake. All the kids' faces were blue...I'm sure the parents loved me for that one!

Wednesday morning Landon got his present from Mommy and Daddy: A new bike. It was so
frigidly cold outside that we broke the rules and let him ride it around the house. He also got a Transformers learning laptop from Sissy. At preschool that day, they had a little party for him. Mommy brought in a cookie cake and everyone sang. It was sweet. This, however, caused some confusion for my little man. "That was my party? I thought my birthday was tomorrow at JumpZone? Why am I 4 today but my party is tomorrow?" Try explaining party day logistics to a distraught 4-year-old!!! Anyway, Thursday evening we had his "real" party at JumpZone. 15 of his closest buddies came and partied with us, most of them being neighborhood playdate friends. And although one little kiddo ended up in the ER with a hurt arm (nothing was broken, thank goodness!) everyone had a super fun time. There was a Transformers cake, a special chair to open presents in, and Mommy didn't have to clean up afterwards! Landon stated "This was awesome fun, Mom!", so I guess that means we did good! After the party our family went to Red Robin for one last hurrah, ie: the waiters could sing to him. It was fun and memorable.


No comments: