Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas


I wish this could be a beautiful, sob story about some wonderful thing someone did for me, or that I did for someone else during this holiday season. It is not. It is only a silly from kiddos, who help me remember what the spirit of this time of year should be. I have needed to remind both of my kiddos several times what the spirit of Christmas truly is...that it's not presents, Santa or who is asking for what. It's been explained, and sometimes I wonder if it ever actually gets embedded in their little minds. I wonder no more...Claire and Landon were having a tiff the other day. Over what, I forget. But Claire told Landon something rude like "You don't get to play with me anymore". This was hurtful, and before I could say anything Landon stated "Sissy, that is not the spirit of Christmas!". Can't beat that!!! But then I also got a lecture, I guess because I was the innocent bystander. "Mommy, Christmas is about understanding what other people need and not always worrying about yourself. Claire's just not doing that!" Before he could stomp away I gave him a huge hug and a kiss, and told him to remind Mommy of that sometimes. He said "Mommy, you always do what I want, and what everyone else wants, so you already know that! Will you play Legos with me?" I said yes, of course!

No comments: