Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Say what?

We are short a computer desk right now (long story), and therefore I have no idea where the cords are to download the pictures off the camera. So I am waiting patiently to blog Claire's first day of school...which was wonderful, by the way! She loves her teacher and all her classmates...it's gonna be a good year! Landon is enjoying some down time with Mommy, although he's keeping me busy! Preschool doesn't start until after Labor Day. So why am I blogging you ask? To record a conversation I had with my little man this morning:

Mommy: "What would you like for breakfast this morning?"
Landon: "Why is it called breakfast?"
Mommy: "Because in the morning you have to take a break to eat and do it fast because usually you are in a hurry in the mornings..." (I obviously have no idea what the true answer is, but with all the "whys" coming out of this boy's mouth lately, sometimes I just come up with my own clever answers. This did not work today.)
Landon: "But I'm not in a hurry in the mornings, you get me up too early for that!"
Mommy: "I know, but when you are an adult and have a job you might be."
Landon: "Say what? I have to be an adult? And have a job? For real? Say what?" (He walked away shaking his head, without breakfast.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess you burst his bubble!!!

Breakfast actully means breaking the fast. I think the origin is biblical, as in fasting as a sacrifice. MOM