Friday, August 27, 2010

Second Grader


Wow, time has gone by so fast! I have a second grader. She cannot be that big already! Claire's first day of school was August 19th. She got up with a chipper attitude and was ready to go! Once we got there, it was a different story. Let me preface the rest of this story with a little info: Claire loves school. She loves to learn, experiment and socialize (not necessarily in that order!). So imagine my surprise when Claire started crying before she even sat down at her desk! Ok, so not complete surprise; this crying thing when she has to separate from Mommy has been going on for several months...but at school? Of all places! The teacher came over and consoled her and after a few minutes she was fine. What a difference a few hours can make! She came home with a huge grin and a million stories to tell me! I still think this year will be great...it just might be a little challenging to forge into the realm of maturity (for Claire, not me...).

No comments: