Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Child's Love

I am blessed. Not only do I have wonderful children, I have a husband who helps those children show love in the most wonderful ways. Although I was awakened early Mother's Day by my son, it was with a sweet kiss and an offer to "cuddle on the couch" while he watched TV. Daddy took care of breakfast and let the kids play with the neighbors. After lunch we headed out to the craft fair by the creek. The point of this trip was for more kettle corn (I had shopped Saturday with friends and brought some home) but we left with a truck full of goodies! The kids played in the creek for awhile and ate their popcorn too. That evening I was treated to dinner at Does. Where were the gifts you say? Well, Saturday while I shopped, Daddy took the kids shopping too. They decided to buy a frame and picked pictures of themselves to put in it. While shopping for themselves they also found and bought the Michael Jackson Experience XBox game for me. These were both wonderful surprises as I had already told Geoff I was headed to get a mani-pedi this week and not to worry about gifts. The kids were so excited to give their gifts, it just melted my heart! The best gift, however, is their unconditional love. Just now I was putting a song on Landon's ipod. He crawled up in my lap, gave me a big squeeze and said "I love you Mom. You're the bestest Mom and I know a lot of them!". Like I said...I am blessed.

No comments: