Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh! The Places You'll Go!

Singing the "Atootietah" song.
"I want to be a race car driver!"

The Dr. Suess book in the title was how Landon's preschool graduation started. The teachers read a part of that book to their students, which was appropriate with what some of these kiddos wanted to be when they grow up! Each child was called to the front individually as the teacher read an interview they'd had with them. Landon said he was going to be a race car driver...because he likes to race! He also said his favorite thing about school was getting to play Legos with his friends. The classes sang a couple songs and recited a bible verse while using sign language. The kids also did the alphabet together, and said a piece of information about the letter they were holding. Landon had the letter I and said his line perfectly! The closing of the ceremony was a picture-video of the class. My baby grew up so much over the course of a school year! I can't believe Kindergarten is our next step. In fact, Landon and I were visiting about just that this morning. I told him Kansas has half-day Kindergarten so he wouldn't eat lunch at school. He grinned at me and said "Mommy, you'll get another year to eat fish sticks and spaghetti O's with me then!"

No comments: