Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tom and Jerry

Really quickly I had to post this for all my same-age friends and our parents who had to put up with us...my kiddos are watching Tom and Jerry as I write this. Yes, the "old time" cartoon that we grew up with is now suddenly cool again. Claire watched it at lunch bunch Wednesday and ever since has been channel surfing to find it. Amazing how things come around!

Here's another tidbit: Claire asked yesterday while I was fixing her hair how old she would have to be before I would let her go on a date. (A DATE! YOUR FIVE! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM, YOU NEVER GET TO GO!!!!) Calmly, I explained to her what a date entailed and that usually dates didn't happen until high school. Claire replied "I know mom, but I already have the boys (yes plural) picked out for the date, and we're just going to the movies, so can't I just go NOW?" A stern NO was the answer, and she dropped it. Until Daddy came home and the same question was posed to him...although he about had a heartattack! His answer was also never, so Claire sulked away to her room to sob in her non-date misery. What terrible parents! PS I will post some pics this evening of our weekend and the kids too, just haven't had a chance yet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now they need to bring back Captain Kangaroo or the Smurfs.
As for Claire and her dating, probably better now than when she's 16.

Serena Shurtz said...

jackson has begun to watch tom and jerry also. Crazy!!! some others of our new/ old favs are Mr. Rogers and scooby-doo. Also, as i am reading the "dating" story, jackson comes to me with a big heart shaped card with happey faces and more red hearts on it. Guess who it's for...his Claire.