Thursday, April 10, 2008

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!

Okay, so generally this blog is about our children, because that's what everyone is interested in. But I haven't blogged for awhile because Geoff and I went to Las Vegas last weekend! Some friends of ours were married there, and so our old group from Wichita all met up and had some fun! I had never been to Vegas, so I had lots to see...and adjust to! We had a blast shopping, eating, dancing and seeing a great show. Plus the best part was being there to watch our friends unite their lives. So back to the kids...
The kiddos stayed with Nana and Papa while we were away. They played with Lucy, of course, and went to the zoo. They were also kept busy by family from Virginia, who came into town that weekend. Geoff's aunts and Papa and Shir-Shir came for a visit, and Landon and Claire were their best friends immediately. Our family had to leave Monday, but we still got in some good visiting and play time, too.
Since then, I've been doing laundry, getting back on a schedule and helping Geoff prep for his China trip, which is coming up this weekend. The kids have been recooperating, and playing Wii (because it's pretty much been raining nonstop since we got home). We are also getting ready for our neighborhood garage sale. The kids helped me clean our their rooms yesterday and picked out a few toys that they were ready to sale. This was a traumatic event for Claire, who wept when I mentioned maybe we should clean out the Barbie stash! This Mommy will never ask that again...Claire's response: (through the tears) "I will NOT give away Barbie's until I'm at least sixteen, mother". I guess I'll be picking up tiny shoes for quite a while...

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

It must be that time of year because we are getting ready for our neighborhood garage sale as well. Luckily the boys haven't given me too much protest on anything that I have taken out of the toy room...yet. If I do get the tears, I'm sure that I will be weak and let the toy room continue to overflow!!
hugs to cuties!