Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Being Thankful: By A 2-year-old


Yesterday Landon and I were watching some Noggin together when a snippet came up of Blue's Clues having a Thanksgiving dinner. They were saying what they were thankful for. As it ended, I asked Landon what he was thankful for. Without missing a beat, he responded, "Blankie". After a giggle, I asked what else he might be thankful for..."Milk" (the two things that were in his hands at that moment...and generally are not too far away when they are not in hand). I told him I was thankful for him, Claire and Daddy, thinking he might give me something sweet..."That's good momma", was all I got!

Claire's school is having a canned food drive for the food bank all week. I asked Landon if he was going to help me gather cans one morning this week when I had offered to help. He said he would and then inquired why we were doing it. I explained what a food bank was and how it was used. Landon asked, "Mommy, when we help, will we bring cans too?". I told him yes and then he said "I think we should buy all the cans at Walmart so everyone can have some food!". A humbling response by a toddler when us adults grumble and whine when we have to take the time to donate time or money to the cause of others in need! I am thankful...

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

he is the cutest!!! i just wanna squeeze him