Thursday, November 20, 2008

The First Thanksgiving


Claire had a program today at school with all her fellow Kindergartner's. They sang songs, recited poems, and told the story of the first Thanksgiving. All the children were either pilgrims, Indians, or turkeys. They were adorable, and seemed to have lots of fun performing. Claire was a pilgrim woman ("Woman, not girl. There were not girls making the Thanksgiving feast, Mommy.") and played the part well. She knew all the lines and songs, but I think was so tired from getting up early that she was a little dazed! She was so excited last night that she woke up really early and it took it out of her! Hopefully we'll get the video posted in the next couple days for all to see bits and pieces of it. (Someday I will learn to do this task, but for now I rely on my hubby)


We are also preparing for our trip to Kansas. Both kiddos are really excited to see everyone and I think relax a little bit! I know Mommy's ready for the food and some relaxation myself! Well, we're off to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party and a fundraiser (all at the same time)!!!

No comments: