Friday, November 14, 2008

When it's too quiet


The lunch discussion in our house is typically the same day to day, whether it is Landon or Claire. "What would you like to eat for lunch?" "Cheetos." "What do you want with your cheetos?" "Just Cheetos on a plate, Mommy." So adding a fruit, veggie, protein, anything besides our favorite orange carb has become sort of a battle. So the other day when Landon became really quiet and I couldn't find him, the pantry was the first place I looked. Here is how this moment transpired:

I opened the pantry door to find him sitting on the step-stool in the pantry with a bag of Cheetos open.
Mommy: "What are you doing Landon?"
Landon: "You no see me Mommy." (Classic Landon-line)
Mommy: "I see orange fingers and a Cheetos bag."
Landon: "I NEEDED these Mommy, I'm starving!"
Mommy: "How about something healthy with those Cheetos?"
Landon: "Please close the door now Mommy."
Which I did, right after I snapped a picture. Some things are better left behind closed doors!

2 comments:

Serena Shurtz said...

so adorable

I'm just sayin' said...

That's some good stuff right there. He is to cute! Hope you guys have a great week!