Friday, December 5, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

I'm finally feeling the Christmas spirit...it took way longer than usual this year. I think some of the extenuating circumstances that have happened to my family may have something to do with it. But maybe more than that; I just feel too busy to stop and enjoy the season. Finally today I made myself do it. I stopped and remembered what Christmas is all about. My children mostly tuned me in to this. It's not about me feeling rushed to get up the decorations, or about the few people left on my gift-buying list that I have no idea what to get, or the fact that we have things going on constantly in our lives relating to Christmas. It's about my children's faces when I do get the decorations up, Claire actually enjoying buying things for the children on the angel tree, Landon understanding the food drive at his school, and enjoying the family time that we do have together. I know I'm getting mushy, but sometimes that's what it takes to make the Christmas spirit arrive in your heart. It's there now, that illusive spring in my step, the smile on my face and the joy in my body that says "Merry Christmas". I hope everyone reading this has found that place too, and if you haven't gotten there yet, my wish is that you feel it soon.

No comments: