Monday, January 4, 2010

The First Snow Day of the Year

And another to come tomorrow. What is it with this area and snow? School cancelled today and tomorrow for what was barely 4 inches of snow. Now, I will give them that it did melt just enough to make roads as slick as a skating rink. But everyone was out and about today and will be again tomorrow...why not just brave it and go to school? I should not be as insensitive...the back roads are a mess, or so I've been told, and after living in the country most of my life I should understand that. But when the road crews don't treat the roads, and can't figure out how to plow them, it makes it hard to have sympathy. So, despite my whining, we played with the neighbors today, both inside and out, and had a good time. But what to do to tomorrow????

No comments: