Friday, January 22, 2010

Here's What You Get, Mom

Do you ever have those mornings when you wake up just knowing the day is going to be a bad one? Every once in a while, I do. Don't get me wrong...I try REALLY hard to break that bad karma and throw it away. I even do a little mental imaging before I get out of the bed about what the day should look like. This morning I couldn't do that: I had a 4-year-old's feet pushing hard against my back. It was almost as if he was pushing me out of the bed to face the "terrible" that was coming. Claire was whiny and cranky this morning, and then couldn't find her shoes I had told her to put away several days ago. Landon got up and was congested and still tired, two things that don't mix well for anybody! Daddy rescued me several times before I could blow my top...all before 7:30am! After Claire and Daddy left, Landon took me by the hand and said "Here's what you get, Mom..." and gave me a huge bear hug and a kiss. Just what I needed to turn this day around!