Friday, January 8, 2010

We've Been Off All Week

Note the blog below...at that point it was only two days of school that had been cancelled. We were all doing okay. Today is Friday and neither child has had school ALL WEEK. This would have been a good old time in our house, generally, if we hadn't just come off of Christmas break! It was still fun, don't get me wrong...we all went to Chickfila (it's usually just Landon and I), we saw The Squeakquel movie (Chipmunks), we did LOTS of playing with neighbors and in the snow. But there is only so much of that you can do. We are going to Wichita this weekend for the Brad Paisley concert and I am hoping to come back to normalcy. I'm not the only one; here are a few quips from the kids this week:
Claire: "I miss my friends, do you think they miss me?"
Landon: "I don't like school...do you think Miss Tina remembers how to teach?"
Claire: "I bet Mrs. Scott is bored out of her mind. We keep her busy you know!"
Landon: "I was supposed to bring snack (Wednesday). Do you think everyone is hungry now?"
And my favorite:
Claire speaking to Landon: "I want to go back to school. Don't you?"
Landon: "No way, I like staying home and playing."
Claire: "But don't you miss your friends and Miss Tina? I miss mine!"
Landon: "Not really...I'm having too much fun. Plus Mommy's here."
Claire: "Yeah, but Mommy's not your friend, she's the boss."
Landon: "She's not the boss, she's the mayor of our house...that's why I love her!"

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

I'm tellin ya, that boy is a GENIUS!! get him in gifted NOW!!