Saturday, June 14, 2008

Let's just rest...

Well, that's finally over! Claire and Landon both said to me yesterday afternoon "Let's just rest this afternoon" before we had to go back for VBS potluck and closing celebration at the church. Both kiddos really enjoyed their experience this week, and Claire came home with new bible verses and a better understanding of giving and sharing. We've also started the summer reading program at the Rogers library. This is so cool...I discovered it last year by accident and have been looking forward to it all winter and spring. The kids read books (or have books read to them) and get points and then prizes at the end of the summer for meeting their goals. Plus, the really cool part is they have programs at least 2 days a week at the library like crafts, presenters, authors, music and more, giving us lots of things to do! We stopped by on our way home yesterday to do crafts and check out some more books...and of course play! The children's area for this library is amazing...with puzzles, computers, a reading nook, blocks, etc, there is always something fun to do. I realize now that I have taken no new pictures this week...I think this is the first time ever I've gone this many days without pictures of my sugars, I promise that will change now that VBS is over!

1 comment:

dee said...

I like the new layout! So you've accomplished wearing your kiddos out! smile....

Have a great weekend!