Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The week in progress...

Our week has started off with Vacation Bible School, dance class and playing catch up from being gone for a week. The best thing, though, is our new baby niece was introduced into the world yesterday afternoon. Laney is beautiful and healthy, and we can't wait to meet her. Check out the Hooper blog for baby pics!!! Claire has a good grasp of this event, since she's lived through it with Landon and Lucy, and is in awe of how tiny and helpless infants are. Landon pretty much has no clue, and won't until he sees the baby in person and can touch it. I love the miracle of life, and it reminds me to love and cuddle my babies a little extra...because they are growing up so fast! Claire played a part in this also, by asking yesterday if she could see hers and Landon's baby pictures. What fun (and a little saddening) to look through those pics of what the first weeks with my babies looked and felt like. Cherished memories...every one of them!!!

Moving on...Claire is in VBS this week, which I am helping with. Landon gets to come too, he does the group activities and then gets to play with other toddlers whose mom's are helping out. Claire is having a blast. All of her friends from church are there, plus some from preschool. She sings the loudest of them all and is showing everyone the choreography that goes along with the song (surprise, surprise). I've enjoyed it too, for working with children is something I've always adored, and often miss. As for dance class, Claire decided to take a pom class the first summer session. She LOVES it!!! She was jumping and doing arm motions and tumbling like I've never seen her before. She will also be taking this class during the school year (thank goodness I signed her up for that!!!).

A little about Landon...although he is missing Gymboree class this week for VBS, he has been playing outside enough to make up for it. And I've started to realize how often he is talking. Either to himself, to his toys, to his sissy or to me. It's CONSTANT! I love it...I think. I get a giggle every time I catch him playing with his toys and talking through what is going on. (ie...right now he is playing with a fire truck, "Oh no, we can't go on this road, we'll get stuck, I'll have to move you over *siren sounds*. Whoa, we're here. We can do it, yes or no?")

Okay I've rambled on long enough.

No comments: