Thursday, June 19, 2008

Much more laid back week, kinda.

So, looking forward to a week of less hectic and more laid back...we celebrated Father's Day by giving Daddy whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. The kids made him breakfast in bed, we went to church so the kiddos could sing their VBS songs, went out to lunch, swam at the pool and had pizza for dinner. Somewhere in the midst of all this fun, I got a sore throat. And I'm not talking a little tickle, I'm talking can't swallow pizza (you know that's bad, I love pizza!). Monday morning I woke up feeling terrible and hauled the kids to the doctor with me where I was told I had pharyngitis (sore throat, really, you think?) caused by a bacterial infection. We went to Walmart to get pills and by the time I got home I couldn't move. My stomach started giving me fits after that and pretty much that was how the rest of Monday went. Tuesday I woke up feeling better, but overdid myself. Geoff went out to play with the kids at the neighbor's that evening and received a phone call from me that I couldn't breathe. I just couldn't catch my breath and felt like my throat was completely closed. We went to the ER to be told there wasn't much they could do except a steroid shot, and antibiotic shot. I had a reaction to something, so then I had to take benedryl. They also gave me an inhaler to keep my throat open and finally sent me home. I'm feeling better now. I finally got a little sleep last night (I know how Landon felt when they gave him steroids!!) and am feeling a little more on top of things today. Still, however, can not talk and having a hard time swallowing without wincing.
The kids were wonderful throughout all this. They laid with me sometimes, played quietly when I wouldn't respond and told me they loved me lots! Geoff finally got the point when we went to the ER...although he'd been cooking and cleaning in the evenings. He was very good at the ER, keeping me calm and keeping the staff on point. He took off work the rest of the week and has learned what it's like to shuttle the kids around to everything (although he didn't do all of it, I cancelled several of our dates). The neighbors have also been super nice and helped out when they could. Nothing like getting the summer started with a little trip to the ER...we did this last year with Claire when she cut open her chin!!!

2 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

Glad you are doing better! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

dee said...

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well! Hope you are all better soon!