Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Growing Girl


She used to be my baby...a good eater, generally good sleeper and a ball to play with. She is still all these things, but now in a big girl body. My sweet baby girl is growing, and although it is sometimes trying, it is so much fun! But I enjoy reminiscing about when she was tiny, especially with her. Recently, we've discussed her first dance recital, her first year of Parent's Day Out, her first home, her long lost cats, the birth of a brother, and the best of all...how smart she has become! Claire is most proud of this, and so is her mother! As we are prepping for KG, we are going over letters and numbers and other important information she needs to know before she gets to "big kid school". She knows all this, has for several years now, but still likes to show me how well she can perform. She remembers Gram and Nana helping her with writing her name and working on her letters, and Mommy playing the "word game" with her (a word for each letter). Those were the days...now I anticipate math and science homework and starting all sorts of new extra-curricular activities. True, it is only KG, but if you haven't noticed, I seem to be raising a social butterfly! So, here's to you jelly bean, sweet baby girl, Claire bear...your becoming a big girl!!!

2 comments:

Serena Shurtz said...

Stop making me cry!!!!

The Daniel Family said...

Wow. Leave it my wife to publish a blog while I am at work that takes me from my world of always having my little jellybean stay little to the harsh reality that she is growing up. Don't worry Jellybean, your still Daddy's little girl and always will be. P.S. I am working on your pink convertible, don't worry!