Monday, July 28, 2008

Is summer ending?

We had a playdate yesterday afternoon, and then just took the rest of the day easy. Various chores were accomplished, some TV watched and just good 'ol relaxing done. This morning we woke up and got ready to go to dance. In the midst, Claire looks at me and asks "Mommy, is summer ending this week?" I looked at her matter-of-factly and explained that summer doesn't technically end for a while, but generally when children go to school, the summer is over. She responded with "I want it to go on forever...but I want to go to school. Whatever will I do?" With hands in the air, she turned around and walked to her room...to pout, think it over, and then emerge with a happy face. "At least we're going to the beach before my summer ends!" was all she had to say. Yes, we are spontaneously going to the beach (Gulf Shores, AL) this weekend with our favorite neighbors and friends, the Symons'. They inspired the idea last weekend...and everybody just ran with it!! We are SO excited, we can hardly contain ourselves!

No comments: