Monday, July 21, 2008

It's too hot!

Although the temperature is not too high, the humidity IS here in Arkansas. It is sweltering outside and therefore, we have spent most of the day inside. Claire had dance class this AM, and we went to an open play gym at Gymboree, and the rest of the time we've been in the house. This is unusual for us, as we are usually on the go, out in our backyard, or at the pool most days during this summer. I did attempt filling the pool in the backyard this morning, but when we went out, Landon stated "It's too hot to be out here, even wet!" Mommy was scrambling for things to do. It has generally been fun, because I got out all the things we haven't done in so long...water paints, stringing beads, playing with unused toys, a little Wii and of course reading books. I can't help but wait for the break down...being held up in the house too long tends to make children turn on this mother! Happy Summer!

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

I hate 100 degree temperatures! Meggan and I had to put Charley and Laney in the kidzone at the Y, just so we could take Lucy and Phoe swimming...there is no other way around it. You know the heat is bad when it slows us down! Both girls are sleeping and its before 11, I better go to bed too!!! Love you guys! And Claire, I love the piggies!!!