Saturday, January 5, 2008

A couple goodies...

Really quickly, I wanted to jot these down because if I don't, I'll forget to blog it later:
*Claire put Landon down for a nap, without even asking or being told. She had asked me to look something up on the computer; minutes later it was quiet in my house, which can only mean one thing: TROUBLE! But surprising, it meant my daughter had crawled into Landon's bed and was cuddling him saying "I'll stay right here by you till you fall asleep". It was darling, and she was very proud of herself when she emerged from his room.
*Landon got his hair cut the other evening at a salon. (Sorry Gram, we could not wait any longer, it was getting in his ears!) Anyway, he's been saying it for a while, but when the hairstylist put gel in his hair and combed it, he grinned at himself in the mirror and said the famous words "handsome boy".
*Claire was not up unusually early this morning, but I heard her making banging noises in the kitchen after awhile. I got up to see what she was doing and the sweetheart had her bathroom stool at the counter taking the coffee maker apart. When asked what she was doing? "I'm making daddy breakfast in bed!"
*Landon likes to talk about his day and tomorrow after his story at night. He asks several times "what do tomorrow?", until he's satisified with the answer. Tonight, he wanted mama to sing a song, so I sang, and sang, and sang. Although it was a clever stalling tactic, he knows the majority of the words to Twinkle Twinkle, Working on the Railroad and is learning Elmo's World. Even though I was exhausted and hoarse, it made me proud to hear my baby sing!

3 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

LOVE how Claire layed down with Landon...can only imagine how surprised you were when quiet equaled no trouble!
Tell Claire that she can make me breakfast in bed anytime, and Landon that we think he is such an handsome boy!!!

Serena Shurtz said...

Ditto to Lindsay's comment. Didn't your heart just melt with all of those warm fuzzies?? they sure can be so sweet to each other sometimes and the next so, so mean?!
Lots of kisses from jackson to his girl.

dee said...

So sweet! They are so precious!

Happy New Year!