Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

We hope everyone had a safe and happy new year's eve and day! I cannot believe that 2008 is here! We hosted a party with neighbors and new friends last night. It was so much fun to ring in the new year with families close to us! The kiddos were invited and also had a blast. All of the children in attendance, including mine, stayed up until at least midnight! Now, they were not all ecstatic about it...but everyone was generally really good and the adults were impressed. We of course were too busy to take pictures, which I regreted this morning, but the memories will last regardless. Here are a few thoughts as we start the new year:
* My family, near and far, are to be cherished and loved everyday. Even when I feel like Cinderella, I know that they ask for things from the bottom of their hearts!
* Claire and Landon want nothing more than for it to be Christmas forever. Questions and sadness abounded as the tree came down and the "boring" house starts to return to normal.
* I understand now why my parents were always anxiously awaiting the start of school after the holidays...siblings can be distructive towards each other after being around each other for several weeks...nonstop. (Thank goodness for a New Year's party when I was allowed a few drinks!) Oh yes, they are perfect angels, everyone says so...
* We are blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Thanks for the fun, and may it get even better in 2008!

No comments: