Thursday, January 17, 2008

Keeping Busy




We've been lucky around here lately and the weather has been great for playing outside. Even with a little winter chill in the air, we were able to bundle up and go for walks, ride on bikes and scooters and even see our neighbors and play with them! However, it became quite cold (it is winter!) and so here are a few things that kept us busy when we couldn't go outside.
* Guitar Hero (a video game that helps you feel like a rock star) has become a family favorite, especially before bed.
* Landon enjoys painting, mostly on himself, but some gets on the paper! This picture was his most recent artistic endeavour. He's also exploring the world of scissors, because "Sissy snip paper, I big boy, I do too!"
* Claire made an "I Can Read" book. She drew pictures or found pictures of her favorite things, and then mommy wrote their names on the pages. This idea came from a Kindergarten prep calendar (Yes, my little baby girl will go to KG next year, boo hoo). Some of the pages included Princess, Barney, Harley and of course, High School Musical.
PS: The sleeping arrangements did NOT work, at least one night was peaceful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the art!!! Maybe this means Landon will be a tatoo artist. Claire, I've been using the mouse pad you painted for me. I love it. When are you goin to come see us?