Monday, March 24, 2008

Baby!


Our neighbors across the street recently had a new baby, Will. Claire has been anxiously awaiting the time when we were all healthy enough to meet him. We played outside last week for awhile with the big brothers and Claire received an education about babies and their habits. This week, they stopped by our house to drop off a present for Claire. She got to hold Baby Will, and didn't let go until his Mommy said he was hungry.


Babies are something Claire has been talking alot about lately. Ling is due in June, and Claire has lots of questions about Baby Laney. "How does she look right now?", "Where does she get her food?", When can I feel her kick?", and the best one of all "When can I have a baby in my tummy?". Now after the heart attack, there was a short and simple explanation. But Claire walks around with a "baby" (stuffed animal) in her shirt and then miraculously gives "birth". I think Ling and Hoopy had an eye-opening experience during their visit this week when Lucy walked in with a stuffed princess dress and told them "I have a baby in my tummy, too!"

No comments: