Saturday, March 29, 2008

A few chuckles...

I was cleaning up the living room the other day when I realized it had gotten very quiet in my home...which is a signal for trouble! The kids had been playing with a glow-in-the-dark ball earlier and so I started searching closets for them. I found them in the pantry, although they had given up the ball for a huge bag of fruit loops. They were sitting there eating them by the handfuls. When I opened the door, they both looked up at me with sticky grins and Landon says "Mommy, you don't see me" which is code for: I don't want you watching me. So I shut the door to much giggling and they stayed in there for another 5 minutes or so before emerging with a sugar high.

As we were driving home from preschool the other day, Claire starts telling Landon about cows. "Those black and brown ones have chocolate in them for their milk, so when you milk them you get chocolate milk. You don't like chocolate milk, so you probably should only like white cows, because they are the ones with the milk you drink". This conversation was so matter-of-fact. And when I looked in the rear view mirror to see Landon's expression, he was nodding with a look of total astonishment on his face. Was the astonishment from the cow story or from Claire's knowledge: we'll never know!

No comments: